Monday, October 29, 2007

Answered Prayer #2


Praise the Lord! James' MRI came back normal! He also had some genetics studies done that came back normal today. Tonight we got to the hospital in time to give James a sponge bath before the nurse weighed him. He now weighs 4lb 12.2 oz, as you can see.

Because his muscles are still hypotonic, the doctors are doing some further testing to rule out some rarer disorders. Please pray that these tests would also be negative. We are hoping that the only reason James' muscle tone is poor is because of his prematurity.

One passage that has given us a lot of comfort in the last eleven days is Psalm 139:13-16.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Hi John & Kelly,
What a praise - we'll keep on praying!
Pastor Fred & Ellie

Becca said...

PRAISE GOD! We're so happy that the results came back negative. You're in our prayers. And we're encouraged by your trust in the Lord.
Mel and Rebecca