Wednesday, August 27, 2008

John Is My Hero

Sometimes when things seem too crazy for me to handle, John comes home and helps me put it all into perspective.

One night, he read to me from John 9.
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

Last night he told me about an interview with Steven Curtis Chapman he heard on the radio. Maria Sue, his daughter who was killed in a tragic accident a few months ago, drew a picture of a flower and the word "See" the morning of the accident. Only one petal of the flower was colored in, and Steven Curtis Chapman said, "We have six children - only one of them is whole now, we believe, in the arms of Jesus...She was saying, 'See? I'm good. I'm OK.'" John went on to remind me that one day James will be whole again. Oh, how I long for that day. I long for heaven.

3 comments:

Mummy of the Snow said...

Your blog entry brought tears into my eyes.

May G said...

your husband is a wise man. praying for you tonight that God will renew your strength each day.

Sharon C. said...

I am impressed that you have time for a blog! I enjoy reading all your entries. Thank you for being so open. I always think about you and your family. Take it easy! :)